Healing is in God's Hands (Part 2)

Hi all,
Today I would like to share a little more of my health journey with you all. It will not be in great detail, but I want to share a little more of the story God has called me to share.

In June 2009, I was admitted to the hospital for Pericarditis. This is an acute infection around the lining of the heart. I was told it would get better within 2-3 weeks, and that everything should be back to normal then. I was on bedrest for 2-3 weeks and the Pericarditis went away, but I began having more and more of the symptoms I shared with you in the previous post. I had been a healthy teenager up to that point in my life and played sports, etc., but not after all of the symptoms began. I do not say this to make you feel sorry for me or anything of that sort, but just to share some of my life story with you all. God is so good, and He held my hand and my families hand the whole way through. Doctors could not figure out what was wrong with me...I was in and out of the hospital. They would think it was something and then try to fix that problem, and then it didn't work. I was eventually sent to a very well known hospital, and a doctor there diagnosed me with the Dysautonomia and P.O.T.S. She was able to give me medication that helped me, but the journey was still just beginning. I had more problems and symptoms and in and out of the hospital some more. Doctors would think something else could be wrong so I went through multiple tests. God was still holding our hands. I missed days and days of school, and God was still there helping me keep up with the missed school work. Over the next few years, I missed quite a bit of school and some activities, but looking back...it was beuatiful to see God holding our hands. Never letting go. Did we let go sometimes...probably...but He never did.

My story goes further than this...and healing is truly in God's hands. I will share some more of it with you later...including some of the dreams and callings God has given me.

Let me share with you this verse...
Isaiah 43:1-5 - "But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and He that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee. Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life. Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;"

Comments

  1. Rebekah,
    I can't wait to hear what God has put on your heart...your dreams and callings. He has a plan for your life.
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am very excited to see His plan unfold. Thank you for the encouragment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts