Are you listening?

Hi everyone,
     Hope you all had a very blessed New Year! I would like to tell you another story about my crazy dog today! The Lord has blessed me so much with this sweet dog and I tell y'all, it is so neat to see how the Lord uses this cute dog to give me so many examples to remind me of Himself! Well this will be extra funny for people who have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) like me! I have to drink some milk or sometimes an Ensure each night before bed to regulate my sugar level.  Well anyway, some time back I began giving my dog a little bit of Ensure each night that I drank it.  I would pour just a little bit in the lid and he would lick it up! Well needless to say....he absolutely loves Ensure.  I think it may be one of his favorites.  So now whenever he hears the lid of the Ensure bottle opening, he will awake out of sleep to come and make sure he receives his portion in the lid.  I thought about us, as God's children, the other night as I gave some Ensure to a begging dog! Do we awake out of sleep to hear God? Are we so excited to hear and do what He wants us to that we can jump out of our boat and do whatever He asks?  I think so many times, we get tired, weary, worn down, and weak and forget who makes all things new and worth fighting for...our God! We need to be warriors in our faith and when we hear God...obey Him! So in this new year...I encourage you to listen for God.  You can hear Him in so many ways.  So listen up! Do not be afraid! Be ready to stand up for what you believe in! Acknowledge that Jesus is with you and going before you in your coming days! Be ready to fight and do whatever it takes to win your battles with God's help!

Joshua 1:9- "Have I not commanded thee?  Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

Comments

Popular Posts