7 Years Later

          Hi friends, I know it’s been too long since I’ve posted.  In honor of my 7th year anniversary of living life with Dysautonomia, I’d like to share pieces of my story along with some hope and encouragement today.  As many of you know, June 2, 2009 is the day God chose to change my life by having me live with something called Dysautonomia.  You’ve heard the story…I was a healthy teen and woke up one morning to a life forever changed.  It wasn’t easy. It wasn’t expected, but it was what God had planned for my life.  My whole world and life took such a turn that day that I have no idea where I’d be if Dysautonomia hadn’t been part of God’s story for my life.  My world was suddenly filled with doctor visits, medical tests, hospital stays, and lots of uncertainty.  There were days I remember going to sleep and really being unsure if I’d wake up on Earth or in Heaven.  It was scary.  There were dreams that might not happen and the “normal” life was over. 

I’ve been in the trenches of uncertainty, unanswered questions, and unmet dreams. I’ve seen the sun go down and the stars come up before the sun shown again.  I know it’s hard.  I know it takes faith. I know, dear soul.  I know that there are days when hope is hard to find.  I know that there are tears no one will ever see.  I know that there are plans broken you dreamed of.  I also know that there is peace that comforts every weary soul. I know that there is joy that comes from knowing you are loved. I know that there is a God who orchestrates all things for our good.  I’ve seen it. 
Seven years after life changing, I’ve been through a lot, and I’m able to live my “normal” life again.  God so tremendously blessed me by placing my Dysautonomia into “almost remission” about 4 years ago.   I still remember the 3 years of the hardest nights.  The peace after unpleasant news from a doctor, the comfort of knowing He was walking right beside me. It all became so real during the darkest times of the journey, but it’s real in everyday life. It’s fun to see how God molded each situation through my journey to fit His plan and how awesome His plan worked out.  You see, my plan would have never included being “Hospital home bound” my final three years of high school or going to a local university.  Wow how God works.  I had one of the greatest college experiences, made lifelong friends, and God allowed me to show off His grace this final semester.  I’m so happy that His plan included me becoming a teacher! Life will forever be “different” because of Dysautonomia.  I may not be able to do everything a completely “healthy” person could do, but oh the healing He has brought.  I am SO grateful. 
 
He’s still writing my story, and each event is just part of His plan.  He’s writing yours too, friend.  Although you may not be struggling with a physical illness, you may have emotional burdens, family difficulties, or some other trial in your life at this time.  Let Him turn the pages of the book and each chapter.  You never know what He has planned for you.  Hang tight because the sun is shining somewhere, and it’s on its way back around.  You may not understand God’s plan, but I can tell you from experience, He’s good.  He’s got it, and He’s never going to leave you.  Here’s to life 7 years after a chronic diagnosis and to the hope that we serve a God who is greater than any circumstance! I am thankful, and He is good. 

Isaiah 41:13- "For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."
Romans 8:28- "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."


Comments

  1. My darling grand-daughter Rebekah, How we love you and how we pray for you. We are so proud of the great Christian you are today. Keep on keeping on. God is still on the throne. Mam and Pap

    ReplyDelete
  2. God certainly chose you and gave you an amazing testimony that will lead others to Him. That is amazing, and you're so special:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts