His Strength is Made Perfect in Weakness

Hello friends,

I hope that you have enjoyed God's Word in worship on this Sunday! Today, I sang at my church.  I love to sing but it can be so nerve-wracking to get up in front of 600-800 fellow worshippers and sing! It seems that on top of the already rising number of nerves the day I sing, something always seems to go wrong that day.  My health condition still flares occasionally, and the past few times I've sung, I've had symptoms during the day from my health condition, or I've had a low blood sugar episode.  Anyway, today as I sing, my allergies are bad.  I've been battling them for over a month now and I still sound a little hoarse, clearing my throat, etc.  Well as I worry about the affects this could cause on my singing, I am constantly reminding myself of one of my favorite scriptures.  I like to use this scripture every time I sing because it reminds me Who is singing for me and through me...God! The verse is 2 Cor. 12:9, -"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." Grant it, I realize when Paul wrote this verse he was suffering in much, much, greater ways than I have ever thought of; however, hear me out, this verse encourages me so much! No matter what circumstances I am dealing with, in this case, no matter how awful I feel, no matter how much could go wrong with the song I am singing, God's grace is enough for me.  He tells me His strength is made perfect in my weakness.  I'm considering my voice being hoarse, my health condition flaring up, etc. to my weakness on these days.  God goes on to tell me that I can glory in my weakness, so that His power can shine through! Woah, this is incredible.  God may allow certain circumstances to come upon my day just so He can show that it is Him getting me through the solo, singing, or anything else that may be happening that day! His power is greater than my weakness! He will help me through.  Every time I sing, I'm reminded of this verse.  I can be joyful in what I consider to be a weakness, because that just gives Jesus more glory! When I'm done singing, I definitely know Who got me through without having symptoms, allergy voice, etc. and it's not me, it's God! I know this situation is minimal and pales in comparison to many other instances; however, I wanted to use it as an example and to remind you that God cares about even the smallest details of everyday life! No matter what you may consider your weaknesses to be, God wants to use them for His glory.  Allow Him to use you today!

Comments

Popular Posts