From The Eyes of a Child

Hello everyone,
I have to share a story with you today about one of my little Kindergarten students in the Sunday School class that I teach.  It is such a joy to teach these little children and to share in their joy as they grow in Christ! I can't begin to explain the joy it brings to my heart when a 6 year old comes up and tells me that they have surrendered their life to Christ and that they want to do or be whatever God wants them to be!  Wow. God works in young hearts! He works in anyone willing to listen! It's an amazing thing. A few weeks ago, we were discussing a topic in Sunday School. One of my Kindergarteners answered a question with something along the lines of, "You just trust Him." She was referring to just trusting God.  You just trust Him. If only we as adults could have the faith of a child.  The wonder of a child. The excitement of a child. You would be amazed how excited children get when they have witnessed to someone or when a friend they invited comes to church with them.  It's real.  It's a beautiful picture of God's love.  God tells us that we must have the faith of a child in Matthew 18:3, "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." And you do have to have the faith of a child to get saved.  That verse does not mean you have to be a child to get saved. Not at all. It's talking about, as an adult, you must relinquish you adult mindset of complicated thinking and just trust that Jesus died to save your soul from hell, and that He is alive, risen from the dead in Heaven today! It also means that as adults, we must resist the temptation to think that we are good enough to get to Heaven.  We can't be good enough. Everyone does wrong things.  We must be humble and ask God to enter our life and save us because we know that we need Him! Children have a way of showing us up sometimes.  There are many instances when I think to myself during a class, "Wow, these kids really understand God!" Kids understand God's sacrifice.  God made it simple! We complicate things as adults. So next time you're doubting, just trust God! Just trust Him.  He's got it! There's no need to obsess or worry or be afraid! He's got it.
On a side note, just to show how much He's got everything under control and how much He cares about us, I'd like to share a story with you! In my neighborhood,  there is a field and the grass was high in the field. I really wanted to be able to use the field over the weekend to play a sport in, but the guy in my neighborhood hadn't cut the grass yet in that field.  Sometimes it goes for a while before it gets cut.  Well I prayed that God would have the guy cut the grass on Friday.  As I drove home from work on Friday, I was amazed to see that the field had been cut while I was at work.  Woah people, talk about a God moment! I was just in amazement that God really cared that much about something so small in my life! I ended up not even being able to play the sport on Saturday, but God had a plan in that and that's okay too. However, I am still so thankful and just so encouraged by a God who does have it all under control!

Comments

  1. Love you Honey, and am so proud of you for the Christian example you have set for others to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts