Finding Your Fit in Ministry

Hello friends,
I hope today finds you enjoying a new week! I just finished up 8 weeks of working as a summer camp counselor for a local Christian day camp! Today is my first day off in a while! I loved my summer job, but oh the kids can definitely be crazy at times! I love working with children.  It's my calling, it's my love, and God brings me great joy from being able to invest in young lives.  Almost every ministry I serve in at church is a children's ministry.  That's just where God has called me and it's where I love to be!  I want to encourage you to find the ministry God has called you to be a part of and get involved! Serving God is one of the greatest blessings you will experience and it can be so fun! If you are involved in a ministry right now that you do not enjoy, that is probably not the ministry you were meant to serve in.  I'm a firm believer that God gave every person a unique personality and unique gifts that He wants to use for His Kingdom! I Corinthians 12:4 says, "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit." The entire chapter of I Corinthians 12 is talking about the different gifts and unique purpose each believer has to the body of Christ. Maybe you love to teach, maybe you love to sing, or cook, or play sports, or maybe even technology is your thing! God can use every single one of those gifts for His church! Serving can be so enjoyable and fulfilling!  I can't tell you the times that I have been so blessed by one of my young students.  They can be so encouraging and you can learn from their childlike faith! Find your fit in ministry.  I promise God definitely has a fit for you, and if you have not been able to find it yet, pray! Ask God to show you what unique personality traits He wants to use for His ministry.  Let me also encourage you that your ministry does not have to end on Sunday, it can be used all throughout the week.  No matter what job field you are in, God wants to use you as a ministry to others.  Here's an example, I'm going to be a teacher and I consider often whether I want to work in a Christian school or a public school. I do not have clear direction yet on which place God would want me, but I do know that even if He wants me in a public school, I can still minister to those children.  I may not be able to verbally share Jesus, but I can show Jesus and love the children like Jesus does.  Ministry opportunities await us each and every day, how are we embracing them?

Comments

Popular Posts