"The Lord is the strength of our life" (Part 3)

Psalm 27:4-6- "One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple.For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock.
And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in His tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord."

Do you desire to be with God every day, to really enjoy Him, and seek Him with your whole life? I think this is something that we all need to work on...seeking God 100% of the time.  GOD never changes! We always need Him whether we think so or not! Verse 4 shows a desire to follow God...maybe we need to check up on our desire to follow God wholeheartedly. 
Verse 5 helps us know that God is our final authority.  He controls every situation, and He will be with us even in troubled times.  This verse says HE will hide us.  You know, in a battle, I would want to be hidden.  I don't think I would be the person that volunteered to be in the front line.  I like the fact that God can hide me when the devil comes after me to attack me and destroy me.  In our spiritual battles every day...we have a place to run and hide...and that is in the love and provision of GOD! You can do this by asking God to help you in this area and running to God's word instead of giving into temptations.  This verse also says, "HE shall set me up upon a rock", sometimes I am oppressed with spiritual struggles and daily battles with the devil.  We all are at times.  I like to know that God can bring me back up and encourage me to keep fighting the fight with faith because He lifts me up to encourage me.  He is always there to pick us up and help us follow Him again, we just have to ask for forgiveness and help!
Verse 6 explains that our head will be lifted up above our enemies even when they are all around us.  God can and will help us even when we feel like the devil is attacking us way too much.  In the last post, we discussed that as Christians, our biggest enemy was the devil. So even when we are surrounded by temptations, fear, failure, or anything else you may be facing, GOD will lift us up.  But, we must go to Him, confess our sins, and ask for help.  Maybe we even need to seek after the LORD more just as verse 4 says! Then we should sing praises unto the LORD because HE will do what HE says HE will do! You can live in joy and victory over the devil in your Christian life because GOD is the winner!

If you cannot live in victory over the devil because you are not sure you have become God's child...continue reading below!

1. Realize that God loves you
John 3:16-"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
2. Realize that you are a sinner.  Sins are anything that you do that is wrong, examples are lying, lusting, being jealous, etc. 
Romans 3:23- "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
3. Know that you are a lost sinner.  Realize that you need Jesus to get to Heaven.  Nothing you do is good enough.  Sin must be paid for, but Jesus paid the price for sin. 
Romans 6:23- "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (You must accept that gift)
4. Believe that God sent Jesus, His Son, into the world, and believe that He died on a cross to take the punishment for your sins and then rose from the dead 3 days later.
Romans 5:8- "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
Matthew 28:6-"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
5. Ask God to forgive you of your sins, and ask Him to enter into your life and save you.
Romans 10:9-10- "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Acts 2:21-"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
If you do that or have done that already, you are a child of God and you have begun your journey of following God's plan for your life.

Comments

Popular Posts