Lessons From the Life of a Squirrel

Hello friends,
It is a beautiful Monday where I live and I hope that you all are enjoying this last day of March!
Today I want to share a truth with you that I was reminded of while watching a squirrel! As I sat in our sunroom looking outside, I saw a squirrel look around, jump from the tree to the ground, and run, stop, look around, and stop.  He kept stopping, I'm sure you've seen them do this! He would stop and check his surroundings and even while he was getting something from the ground, he would look down and then up again repeatedly! It must be a tiring life for him always checking his surroundings like that!! Then I was reminded of the spiritual warfare we face each day.  The times the devil tries to entice us and oh how many times we fall for his trap.  God wants us to be like the squirrel, checking our surroundings because the "devil walks about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour" 1 Peter 5:8.  Those are strong words, the devil is like a lion prowling on YOUR life to see if he can devour you.  Um, I'm not sure about you, but I prefer to not be dinner for the devil! We need to look around and be aware of the lion who may sneak up on us to attack at any time...he tries to get you every day.  What ways have you been allowing him to devour you?
As I said above, I thought about how tired the squirrel must get staying on guard like that and Christians get tired too. But the squirrel seems to relax a little more when he is in a tree. God is our Tree as Christians.  We can rest in God! Deuteronomy 33:27 tells us: "The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and He shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them."  Wow!! What an encouragement! God is our refuge and we can rest in Him! He will take care of our enemy, the devil, for us!  But you may be thinking how do I rest in God? And I think the number one answer I could give you is His Word! Memorize His Word. Read His Word. Trust His Word.  So remember to be on the look out and rest in God!

Comments

Popular Posts