Embracing today

Hello friends!
Hope you are enjoying this March day! I was reminded of a truth...and my dog helped me remember that truth! We really don't know what tomorrow will bring or what an hour from now will bring. We do have the ability to plan; however, our plans get interrupted at times.  Something that typically we do not like too much.  Dogs do not have the ability to plan and they really have no idea what may happen to them...they are at the mercy of their owner.  My dog had a grooming appointment just the other day and he gets very excited when we get in the car to go somewhere.  He loves to go with us, especially because when we take him, we are typically going to visit my grandparents (who he loves to visit because he gets to play with their dog).  Well he got in the car Saturday, probably thinking he would go to my grandparents, although he ended up going to the groomer.  I think so often we think we know what's going on in our lives, but we do not.  We need to live in the trusting assurance of God, our Savior.  He does have us in His hands, and we do live at His mercy.  Aren't you glad His mercies never fail!! Live in His assurance knowing that His will is perfect. This is something I know I need to work on, and probably we all do to some extent.  You see, my dog did not want to go to the groomer; however, we, as his owner, knew he had to go.  It was best for him, and I'm sure now he feels more clean and much better because we made him go.  It's the same with God, He makes us do things sometimes that are not what we would choose, but it is only because it is best for us.  We may not ever feel cleaner or better because we went through what we went through, but trust Him, it was helping you.  So next time you take your pet to the groomer/vet, remember that God is your Owner/Maker and He is leading you along the path that is best for you!


Romans 8:28-"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."


Lamentations 3:22-"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not."

Comments

Popular Posts