Are You Making Resolutions or Goals?

Hi all,
     Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas celebrating our Savior's birth into this world.   As you think towards the new year, I encourage you to make a goal that will help you grow closer to the Lord.  Not a New Year's Resolution but a goal...something that you want to and will strive to accomplish.  I encourage you to give your goal to the Lord and allow Him to help you meet your needs to accomplish it.  A goal is something you set for yourself, it can be short term or long term, but it is something that you must really want and know that you can accomplish.  A resolution is something that we normally set for ourselves and try to accomplish it for about 2 weeks, when it is no longer something we prioritize.  Make a goal to grow closer to the Lord, maybe it involves praying more frequently throughout the day, maybe it is reading your Bible at least once a day, reading your Bible through in one year, breaking a bad habit that keeps you from honoring God with your whole life, or maybe something else that you can think of.  Is it possible that you just need to make a goal to make your life pleasing to God?  I hope you will come up with a goal for your new year, and I hope that your 2013 will be the most awesome year yet for you.  Give your year to God...dedicate it Him...let Him have it! Do not be afraid of the new year...be excited!  Know that God is with you!

Isaiah 41:10 - "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Philippians 3:14- "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."


Also, I have created a facebook page for my H.O.P.E. Ministry so please check it out and "like" it! It is called Rebekah's Hope Ministries. 

Comments

Popular Posts