Are you trusting?

Hey Friends,
     I hope you are having a blessed day.  Today I want to give you a quick illustration of trusting.  This may sound silly, but I think it has great truth.  My dog was sitting on one side of the couch recently and I think I must have called him or wanted him to come on my side of the couch and there was something blocking his walking path in the middle seat of the couch which only left him a small spot to walk across the middle seat without falling off.  He thought about coming and then acted like he was not coming with such a small space.  He is funny anyway about how much space he has! :-)  So anyway I reached out my arm and held his collar and he walked across.  You see, he wanted to make sure I had hold of him so that in case he fell, I would hopefully have grabbed him! By the way...just in case you are wondering..he made it across safely :-)   Anyway, the point here is that sometimes I think that we are like that....we cannot move because we feel that we may not be able to do it alone.  But you see, you aren't doing it alone....if it is something that Jesus has laid on your heart to do, then He will be with you and He will be holding your hand the whole way.  And there's something else too, He will make sure you get where He wants you safely.  I don't mean the whole way is going to be easy but that with Jesus holding your hand, you will be able to make it!  Trust Jesus today...with your whole life.  And by the way, if you haven't trusted Him with eternity, do it today.  Give God everything and turn it over to HIM! Ask Him to save you and come into your life today if you haven't done that already! And if you have and you are already a Christian, maybe you have fallen off the path that God wants you following.  Maybe you need a place to turn around...you can turn around and run back to Jesus right now.  He has His arms wide open waiting for you...trust Him with everything you have.  This is something that we all need to work on including myself! Won't you come back to the One who created you, today?!

Psalm 13:5-6- "But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.  I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me."

Psalm 28:7- "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."


Comments

Popular Posts