No Matter the Cost

Hello friends,

I can't even believe we are halfway through March.  I definitely feel like this year just started.  I'm reminded each day to enjoy every moment because time is passing so quickly.  It's so funny to think about our childhood dreams.  I'm not sure if you were one of those kids who had your entire life planned out with all sorts of plans and dreams, but I definitely was.  Let's just say God's plans rarely match up exactly with what we thought life would look like.  His plans are always so much better even if it doesn't feel like they are in the moment.  I know I've posted so many posts on waiting on God and enjoying the journey because I love looking ahead at life.  I often rush to get to the next stage and I'm constantly being reminded to slow down and enjoy today! These years in college sure do seem short now that they are coming to a close even though I've worked the hardest ever to get to this point. I want to remind you all today that God does make our paths straight.  Throughout my journey in college, God changed my goals a couple of times.  He redirected me to schools I thought I would never be interested in teaching at. One thing I've seen in education is how many hurting souls are around us.  There are so many hurting children in this world; it's heart-breaking.  I want to spread the love of Jesus and love these children more than they've ever been loved before.  I want to show them what it feels like to be loved, cared for and accepted.  I'll be job hunting for the next few months and praying God leads me to the right school and right grade!  

I want to encourage you all that no matter where God has you right now, He will make His path straight for you.  When it's His timing, He will work out whatever He has in store for your life.  Have you been doubting His perfect plan trying to take matters into your own hands? It has to make God sad when we forget to trust Him and we run off trying to fix everything ourselves.  I want to trust God so much that no circumstance makes me anxious even if He changes my plans.  I've been thinking about Daniel.  He trusted God no matter what it may cost.  He had so much faith in God things were going to be ok, but he didn't even get anxious if things weren't going to be ok.  Daniel knew God would work everything out, and he didn't doubt God at all.  In Daniel 3, King Nebuchadnezzar commanded Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego to bow down to the golden image.  Daniel, along with his three friends, stood their ground and didn't allow fear to control them.  I love verse 18 where Daniel tells the king that even if God chooses not to keep them from getting burned in the fire, they still will not bow down.  That is faith in action, my friends.  Daniel knew God was in control and His plan was perfect.  God always knows what is best for us, and He will take care of us.  So no matter what, keep trusting His plan and dare to be a Daniel!  

Psalm 27:14- "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

Daniel 3:18- "But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."

Comments

  1. Thank you my sweet girl for reminding me to "wait upon the Lord." We are so proud of the young woman you are today and our hopes and prayers are in the Lord for you future. We love you more than life itself. Mam and Pap

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts