Pray, Watch, & Praise

Hello friends,

Hope this post finds you warm and enjoying the start to the Christmas season! I just love Christmas time! Let me update you on life. I'll be taking my certification test this month and need prayers that I pass at the professional level! I'll be covered up studying and completing a huge portfolio project for the next few weeks trying to get everything ready for my official teaching certificate!! I absolutely cannot believe how good God has been to me over the past few years.  It is incredible to think about where I was with my health when I began college and where I am right now.  I was just thinking the other day about how much the Lord has healed me and how powerful He is! When I first began college, an advisor I met with advised me to think about choosing a different major because of my health.  I am SO glad I listened to God and stayed on the path He called me to no matter what others said.  When He calls you to it, He will bring you through it.  Although I wasn't sure at the time how He was going to bring me through, He did and in His goodness, He has allowed me to stay in "almost remission" throughout my college years! I'm so excited to continue following this journey He's called me to!

Here's a quick insight into what I read this morning during my devotion time that really encouraged me and I hope will encourage you as well! It's a verse that is oh so familiar, yet it hit me in a different way this morning.  Don't you love how the Holy Spirit shows you different things through His Word at different times? It was Colossians 4:2.  Here's what it says: "Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;" We all too often pray for something, then just keep praying for it and praying for it and praying for it which is not a bad thing; however, how often are we looking, watching, and waiting for what we are praying for? For me, it's not as often as it should be.  I believe this verse tells us to pray for something and then watch for it to happen. We should begin praising God for the thing we are praying for.  Start thanking Him for the things in which you have not even received yet.  Have faith and watch for it!  When God tells us to continue in prayer, I know He wants us to make our requests known unto Him.  However in order to continue in a constant state of prayer, I believe thanksgiving and a thankful attitude is the most effective way to accomplish that continuance.  We also must remember that His ways are not our ways; therefore, sometimes the answer we think we want is not what is best.  He is trustworthy though! Keep praising Him for the outcome He knows is best!  So whatever may be on your heart today, pray and release it to our Father in Heaven.  While you continue to pray for that request, watch for it to happen and begin thanking Him for providing what is best even before He does!

Merry Christmas!!



Comments

Popular Posts