Notice the Small Things

Hi friends,
I am so sorry it's been so long since I've posted! Life has been so busy! For years, I've always claimed to want to be busy all the time.  The Lord definitely believed me and gave me so much to keep me going all the time! The Lord probably smiles when I'm so busy because He knows that's just how I always thought I wanted life to be like! I used to really dislike the days at home with little to go and do...I appreciate them so much more now as they are so far and few between. I finally have a few days off from teaching because it's fall break! So thankful for the rest. I've caught just about every germ that my students have brought to school.  I've been sick with four different things since August! Hoping and praying my immunity builds quickly.  Let me just update you on a few things the Lord has been doing in my life lately. 
I'm teaching in a kindergarten classroom right now and it's just a great blessing to be with the sweet babies that are just beginning school.  They have grown so much already intellectually and one of my fondest memories so far is when they were picking up books for the very first time and "reading".  They read the pictures right now (a few are starting to read words). I have to tell you, it is so fun seeing them look so closely at the pictures and telling a story based on what they see.  Most of the time, what they say goes right along with the words because the pictures give so many details.  I was amazed at how well they could "read" the pictures.  They were noticing things in the picture that I would've looked right over because I know the words.  It's caused me to think about looking closely for all of the details and minor things God is doing in life.  He brings SO many blessings that we probably just look right over.  Notice the details; thank Him for the little things.  I've been seeing a quote recently that I've come to cherish! It says, "Enjoy the little things in life because one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things." I'm not sure who said that quote first, but it has such truth! I know I am always looking for the next big thing, but God wants me to enjoy right now because maybe it is my big thing for life right now. 
Reading pictures also made me think of us as Christians, can someone read you and tell right away that you are God's child? I hope they can.
As these sweet students continue to grow in their learning, they will soon find that some of the words they are saying to interpret the pictures do not go with the words on the page. They will begin reading the words and making sense of letter-sound correspondence.  How has your letter-sound correspondence been lately, or maybe I should say your Savior-child correspondence? Don't forget to thank Him for the little things and big things and be sure when people read you, they see Jesus!

Matthew 25:23- "His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."


Hope you all continue to have a wonderful fall season!



                                           

Comments

  1. You are wise for your years:-) Hope you feel better!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; you are so sweet! Love and miss you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts