My God is Healer

Six years ago today on June 2nd, 2009, I was rushed to the hospital with symptoms that would completely change my life forever.  I had no idea what was going on with my body and had no idea that my symptoms would turn into a chronic health condition.  A few months later I was given the diagnosis of Dysautonomia.  I wasn't sure what all that entailed but we knew it was a life changer.  I didn't know how many nights I would spend in a hospital bed or how many fluid infusions I would have to get at IV therapy.  I didn't know the faces of the people I would meet while struggling with a rare illness.  I didn't know how many events I would miss or how many days I would just feel sick.  God did know how much of a life changer I was encountering, and He has been by my side every single day.  I remember laying in a hospital bed reading my devotion book and being encouraged by a God who I knew cared about me.  I remember literally feeling His peace all around me after doctor appointments that I left with unanswered questions. I remember knowing that He was holding my hand.  I remember the day and the room I was in when my cardiologist told me that I would most likely have this condition for the rest of my life.  Then a few months later I slowly began having more good days than bad days.  You see my God is Healer, and He is stronger than any doctor could ever be.  After three very hard years of being very weak with Dysautonomia, God chose to begin healing my body.  After about four years, my body was close to remission from the condition.  Now six years later, I am still in almost remission and my doctor is planning to start taking me off of my medications in January! God is greater! I wasn't sure that I would ever see the day when I would live an almost normal life again, but because we serve an awesome God, I am able to live a normal life again right now! I am so thankful for my Healer!

Psalm 73:23- "Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand."

Psalm 30:2- "O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me."

Philippians 4:7-"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Comments

Popular Posts