A Lesson Plan Life

Hi friends,
As many of you know, I am in school right now studying to become a teacher.  I have college classes three days a week and I student teach in an elementary school 2.5 days a week.  We write many, many lesson plans.  Our plans actually have to be scripted which means that we think through our entire lesson and write out everything we plan to say.  As I teach the plans I write, I find that I'm always changing something in my plans when I actually teach the lesson.  You just cannot completely prepare for everything that will happen during the lesson.  Sometimes students may not have the prior knowledge they need, sometimes they need extra practice in one area, sometimes we run out of time, occasionally we have extra time, things just don't always go as planned.  No matter how great my lesson plan is, I'm not being a good teacher unless I can adjust to all the variations created during our lesson. 
This reminded me of our lives as Christians.  We often think we can plan everything out.  We need to plan, don't get me wrong.  Planning and organization is a great quality to exhibit! However, life is a constant change.  We have good times and bad times, things we understand and things we do not understand.  Life throws us for unexpected changes sometimes.  We have to lean on God and learn to adjust.  I have a plan all scripted up for my lessons that I teach.  God has His plan for our lives all written as well.  Sometimes our plans may not match up completely.  God's plan will always win, and let me remind you His plan is always best.  It may not be what we are expecting or hoping to experience; however, it is best.  As I watch my lesson plans change throughout the course of the 70 minute lesson I'm teaching, I'm reminded to be open to the things God is doing in my life.  When I do redirect my lesson or make changes while teaching, I do it to benefit my students and our time together.  When God makes changes in our life, He does it for our good.  We cannot always have everything planned to perfection.  We must remember to live flexibly while God is in the Pilot's seat of our life.  We can relax and know that with Him guiding us, we will be perfectly safe and secure although it may not feel safe and secure at the time.  He is always with us.  Always directing us in the best direction.  So friends, keep living the lesson plan life.  You can plan, but you must realize that God is the ultimate Author of your life. 

 Proverbs 19:21 - "There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand."

Romans 8:28 - "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose."

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."



Comments

Popular Posts