Roll With the Flow: Lessons From a Busy Life

Hello friends,
My semester in college came to a close last week and it has been great to have a break from classes.  This has been a semester that I look back on and I literally have no idea how everything got accomplished.  I do know that God brought me through all the work and all the stress.  This has by far been the most stressful and most crazy semester I've experienced.  I think I completed over 20 projects, a couple of them being 50 pages plus.  My fellow education majors and I hear that it doesn't get better the further we go into the program so it looks like I just have a stressful year and a half ahead! I feel like I haven't been my normal self.  I usually am the type of person to have everything planned way in advance; however, lately, I've been having to think quick at the last minute to get things accomplished.  I am so grateful for this break from school over the next few weeks; it is a much needed refresher.  I hope you are all enjoying this Christmas season. I want to encourage you and share with you 10 things I've learned from my crazy, busy semester in no particular order.  

1. Never stop having your quiet time because you are too busy.  That is the one thing that will give you peace and the strength you need to make it through without going crazy.  Take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to talk to God and read His word each day.  
2. Jesus is your one, true Rest. He will give you rest. You will find rest when you bring your true feelings to His throne. There are days when I just have to tell Him exactly how I feel.  He already knows, so just talk with Him about it.  Tell Him how tired you are and how much you need His strength. 
3. Surrender- Give it all to God where it all belongs.  
4. Don't try to tackle today with your own resources, you will never make it. We must realize that we can't in our own strength get everything done.  We must have God's help! 
5. Pray about what your doing.  He'll help you. Don't allow Satan to trick you into thinking God doesn't care about the little things in life.  I can tell you story after story of things I've prayed about that were tiny that God answered.
6. Acknowledge that God is always in control.
7. Remember that in the long run, your eternal Heaven life is not affected by the stressors of today!
8. Don't I trust God enough to help me get everything accomplished?
9. Sometimes no matter how much work you need to accomplish, you just need to take a break.  Sometimes you just have to push your work aside and relax and worry about the work the next day. 
10. Time management is everything! Sometimes your plan may not work though.  Roll with the flow!

No matter where you are in life, these truths apply.  I think at times, we all have those overwhelming days where it just seems like there's not enough of us to go around for everything that needs to be done. And guess what, there's not.  We can never be enough in our own strength.  I think we can all admit to the days of feeling the overwhelming pressure of life.  Take it one day at a time.  When you don't accomplish everything because a lot of days you won't; keep your priorities in order with devotions at the top of the list. Also remember that God is in control.  He knows what must be done and He has everything under control.  Roll with the flow!

Proverbs 19:21 - There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.

Matthew 19:26 - But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Matthew 6:34 - Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.



Comments

Popular Posts