Lessons While Driving

Hello friends,
I am so sorry it has been way too long since I posted! Life has been keeping me so busy.
This morning as I was driving to work, God showed me a Biblical truth.  The interstate I drive on has many lanes that end, merge, and split on my route to work.  There is even one place where you have to be in the correct lane because one goes to another interstate.  As I drive, I always make sure I am following the correct path; that is the logical thing to do since I know exactly how to get to work. It would be crazy of me to stay in the wrong lane and go onto another road that doesn't take me to work.  I'm usually thinking ahead as well because I don't like to wait until the last minute to change lanes; therefore, I try to make sure I'm in the lane I need to be in way before I must be in that lane.  This morning as I passed the split of the two interstates, God allowed me to think of staying on track with Him.  So often, we struggle with making the right decision.  Sometimes we may even know which choice God would want us to make, yet we are still struggling to make that choice.  I thought about how easy it is to stay on the correct path while driving.  We don't question it; if we know we need to go a certain path, we go that way.  It would be crazy not to.  Why do we struggle to stay on track with God? He knows what is up ahead.  He knows the curves, turns, merges, lane endings, etc. even when we have no idea what new road He is taking us down.  We need to be willing to stay on the road where Jesus is, just as easily as we are willing to stay on the road that we know will end at our desired destination.  Let me encourage you that the road where Jesus is, is definitely where you want to be! That is the safest, most blessed place you can be at all times, with Jesus.  Stay on track with God.  He will never let you down! I'm not saying you won't have difficulties or struggles, but I am saying that where Jesus is, you'll be satisfied.  Other roads may look more appealing; however, God's road is best. 

Matthew 7:14- "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Psalm 37:23-"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way."

Comments

Popular Posts