"Lead me to the Rock that is Higher than I"

Hello friends,
I want to encourage you today by just reminding you how big and great our God is! I love Psalm 61, especially verses 2-4.  Psalm 61:2-4 says, " From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah." Wow, I can just read and re-read those verses. What an encouragement.  It doesn't matter what you are going through, God can always lift you up.  I love the analogy that I picture in my head as I read verse 2. When I am overwhelmed and sinking, I can call out to God and He lifts me up out of the water and sets me on top of a rock. When I think about that, it helps me picture how great and mighty our God really is.  In a split second of you calling out to Him for help, He will help you.  You may not always feel immediate relief, but I can promise He has a plan and He is helping you.  Verse 3 tells us that God has been a shelter and tower from the enemy.  I will share with you another mind picture for those of us who are visual! I love to picture things, it makes it so much more understandable and real to me! I picture verse 3 as a huge tower in a field where we as Christians can run inside and get away from the devil.  I picture verse 4 as hiding under the wings of a huge bird where nothing can hurt me because I'm covered under the feathers of the bird. I often read those verses and what a peace it brings to my heart especially when I'm feeling anxious.  No matter how stressed or down you are feeling, you can bring it to God! David said, "From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee." God will meet you where you are, even if it's as far as the ends of the Earth. Nothing is too big for God, so no matter what kind of pressure or overwhelming situation you feel that you may be in, it is not too big for God.  He can always set you up on top of that rock while He draws you closer to Himself.  Next time you begin to feel overwhelmed or just stressed, ask God to lift you up onto the top of the Rock that is higher than you.  He will, and things will look so much better from that point of view. 

Comments

Popular Posts