Wait, Wait, Wait

Hello friends,
Sorry it's been so long since I posted! Life has been crazy lately with college classes starting back up and a lot of other activities going on! I'm so blessed to be in the Early Childhood program at my college. I'm enjoying my new classes, but wow what a busy semester it looks like it is going to be. I am so excited about becoming a teacher! I've been waiting and dreaming my whole life of becoming a teacher and finally the time is here. I'm considered a pre-service teacher right now and my practicum starts in just a few weeks. How fitting I thought that it would be for us to talk about waiting today. I want to just encourage you and remind you that waiting on God does pay off.  Trusting Him in the midst of waiting and pressing on toward the goal is exactly what He wants us to do.  I have had several situations lately that I've been waiting for and praying for.  At times, it seems to be an unending cycle of wait, wait, wait.  Sometimes it's difficult to wait; I'm not going to tell you it's easy.  But waiting is so worth it! When God eventually says, "Ok, now is the time!" Everything begins to look more clear.  Looking back, sometimes you can see that you are in a better place in life to receive the blessing God has had you waiting for.  That has definitely happened to me.  I've wanted something in life to happen and it just wouldn't happen and I did not understand why.  Later, when God allowed it to unfold, I could look back and see His hand in the whole thing. Waiting deepens our faith in God.  We have to keep trusting God that His plan and His timing are perfect for us. How many times can you remember being told to wait? I'm sure you can think of at least a few times.  Waiting is something that we all have to do at some time or another. I love to plan ahead; I have a calendar that I keep and I write down everything! I'm usually looking ahead to the future and sometimes wanting to hurry up and get ahead on the calendar of life.  I've been learning and I've been reminded lately to enjoy each stage.  Enjoy the time I have in college.  Enjoy the time I have to be the student-teacher instead of the head teacher.  Enjoy life for today's blessings and stop looking ahead and trying to figure out what tomorrow's blessing will be.  God wants us to live life in the present moment enjoying His presence in each moment of every day.  But it's hard to wait.  When you are waiting for something, it can be difficult to be content where you are.  That is where we must realize our contentment is never going to come from our circumstances.  It will always come from God! He is the One who completes us and makes us content.  Not our circumstances. Not what we are waiting on.  Wait for God and you'll be happily and completely content exactly where you are no matter what you are waiting on.

Psalm 27:14- "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

Comments

Popular Posts