What are your expectations?

Hello friends,
Today I want to write to you about waiting on God and placing your total trust and expectations in Him.  It's hard to wait. Let's face it, we want what we want and we want it now! God has been so gently reminding me lately, to trust Him entirely.  Trust Him so much, that no matter what answer He gives me, I will rejoice in it.  No matter what the situation, take what He places in my day as a blessing from Him.  Sometimes things don't go exactly how I expect them to or how I planned them to, but I must remember that God has a purpose in that.  Psalm 62:5 says, "My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him."  Am I allowing God to be the center of my expectations? Am I so in love with HIM, that I can be excited about any answer He brings me, whether it is what I wanted or not? We have to let go and when we do let go and we allow the God of the universe, who knows everything, to control our life, He will do what is best for you! You see waiting on God is hard to do especially when its SO easy to fall prey to worrying.  We worry that God may make a decision that we don't like, but that is all part of learning to put our expectations in God! Psalm 112:7 is an amazing verse in dealing with worry! It says, "He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD." I do not have to be afraid of ANY bad news that I may receive.  God is going to take care of it! My heart needs to be so in love and glued on God, that I can trust Him with every situation that may come my way.  God is going to be with us through everything, and to be totally honest, whether we worry or not is not going to make any situation less hard to go through. One other verse that reminds us how worthy God is of our trust is verse 6 in Psalm 62- it says, " He only is my Rock and my Salvation: He is my Defence; I shall not be moved." God is our firm Foundation, our Salvation, and our Defender! We can stand strong in HIM! So set your expectations high in God Almighty, because He is worthy of our trust!

Comments

Popular Posts