"The Lord is the strength of our life" (Part 2)

Hello all! Hope you have read Psalm 27 from the previous post.  This week we will take the first few verses of Psalm 27 and really think about what they say!

Psalm 27:1-3-"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident."
Verse 1 tells us that God is our light and salvation.  He has already sent Jesus into this world to save us from our sins...He ultimately has sent salvation to the entire world; HOWEVER, you MUST accept Jesus into your life and accept the fact that HE paid your price for your sin or you will not be saved.  (If you have not asked God to become your Lord and Savior, there is more information at the end of this post).  As God's children, once you have accepted Christ, we ultimately have nothing to fear! I fear a lot of things...worry is hard for me.  But God tells us here "whom shall I fear?" Then the verse goes on to say that God is our strength...so we don't have to fear because God is our strength and if God is our strength, then He will help us not worry if we ask Him for help.  The verse then says "of whom shall I be afraid?" Here again...nothing to fear.
Verse 2 explains that when our enemies come after us, my biggest enemy is the devil (and yours is too if you have become God's child), so he tries to destroy me with different things in my life.  But here this verse says that when your enemies come up to eat you, yes eat you, that because of God and His strength they stumbled and fell (they were destroyed). Wow. Don't know about you, but I want the devil to be destroyed when he comes to attack me!
Verse 3 explains that even when a whole host comes to attack you, maybe it is the devil and demons coming after you, that you don't have to fear.  You can be confident that God has got the whole situation and sit back and relax because you know who holds you and protects you!
These verses can encourage us to not only be confident in God to help us in time of spiritual battles but in times of rough patches in our lives.  He got everything in His hands!


If you are not sure you have become God's child...continue reading below :)

1. Realize that God loves you
John 3:16-"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
2. Realize that you are a sinner.  Sins are anything that you do that is wrong, examples are lying, lusting, being jealous, etc. 
Romans 3:23- "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
3. Know that you are a lost sinner.  Realize that you need Jesus to get to Heaven.  Nothing you do is good enough.  Sin must be paid for, but Jesus paid the price for sin. 
Romans 6:23- "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (You must accept that gift)
4. Believe that God sent Jesus, His Son, into the world, and believe that He died on a cross to take the punishment for your sins and then rose from the dead 3 days later.
Romans 5:8- "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
Matthew 28:6-"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
5. Ask God to forgive you of your sins, and ask Him to enter into your life and save you.
Romans 10:9-10- "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Acts 2:21-"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
If you do that or have done that already, you are a child of God and you have begun your journey of following God's plan for your life.

Comments

Popular Posts