Do you have your power turned on?!

Hey all!
So sorry I have not been posting as much lately.  I really want to get back and post at least once every few days.  Lord willing I will be able to do that.  College is keeping me busy!
One update on my ministry.  The Lord has once again opened a door for me to share my testimony at a gathering in November.  Praise the Lord! I have been praying for more opportunities and ask you to please pray for opportunities for my ministry.  Please share my page with others so we can get the word out! I would love to see the number of "likes" grow!
 
Well as in the last post, I shared with you about power.  I feel that I have a little more to share with you.  You see, if you have asked the Lord Jesus to save you and you beleive that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died and rose again on the third day then you are a child of the King of Kings and you have been given power through God.  However sometimes we turn the power off on our end or maybe just don't use it.  Maybe sometimes we even feel like we do not need it. But oh are we wrong...because we ALWAYS need God's power.  For without God, we cannot do anything. 
Let me explain this concept to you by way of an example.  I am sure you have all seen or used a flat iron (or even a regular iron for your clothes).  Even if you have not, just follow along with the example, I'm sure you can find a way to relate.  Well when you plug in your iron, it is plugged into the power source- electricity.  Well just because its plugged in does not mean it is ready to use.  You have to do something on your end.  You have to hit the switch to turn the iron into the "on" position.  There is an "on" button and "off" button.  Well unless you turn it "on", it does you no good because it does not heat up.  Well the same thing applies to you as a Christian.  When we accept Christ, we are plugged in to the ultimate Power source-- Jesus.  WOW! However just because we are plugged in, does not mean we are using it.  We must turn ourselves to the "on" position to serve, glorify, and honor God with our lives.  We need to make our life a sacrifice to God to truly live for Him all the way.  Now that was a silly example by using an iron because electricity is nothing compared to the glory of our Father in Heaven, but I hope you see the example I was trying to get across. 
You see friends, God wants us to turn the power on, on our end.  We must not sit around and do nothing.  You have to get out and turn on your source of power by using it!
So we need to get out there and allow our (and yes, I am talking to myself too here!) power light change from "off" to "on" today as we enter the mission field of our world. 

Acts 1:8 tells us that when we receive Jesus- the Holy Spirit enters us and gives us power.  Here is the verse-- "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth"

Romans 1:16 says- "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

Ephesians 6:10 says- "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might."                

Comments

  1. Lots of wisdom Rebekah! Love this post! I hope school is going well:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts