Lean not unto your own understanding!

Hi friends,
I have not posted in so long and I apologize for that! I have been so blessed these past few weeks and the LORD has graciously allowed me to be extrememly busy! I love to be busy--love being able to do things! As GOD has been giving me topics throughout the past few weeks for my blog, I have just been writing them down so that I could remember a topic that I felt I should share! I have some catching up to do, but find it exciting that I have been able to enjoy many blessings throughout the last month! Psalm 100:5-"For the LORD is good, HIS mercy is everlasting, and HIS truth endureth to all generations." 

Well as we look into a verse today that is so familiar to many people and a favorite to some, I think all to often we overlook the second part of the verse and simply say it just because its there.  But truly I feel we do not completly think about the meaning that it provides us. 
Proverbs 3:5 - "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding."
SO often we think "trust in the LORD"--that is what I need to do -- "trust in the LORD!"
YES, friends that is what we need to do --trust! Although the verse goes on to say "lean not unto thine own understanding."  GOD knows what we need and HE always supplies us with everything we need.  HIS Word is a huge source of strength to us.  HE tells us to "lean not unto our own understanding."  That means what you feel may or could or might happen or maybe you feel something should happen--- HE tells us to not rely on what we think.  We must rely on what HE knows! All too often we forget or read over that part of the verse, not considering what insight it has for our lives.  But I feel that the second part of Proverbs 3:5 is just as important as the first part. Trusting is a huge part of getting to know GOD although it does not stop there we all must remember that we cannot lean on our understanding.  We sometimes cannot understand the ways of our Almighty Father--HE knows so much more than us!  HE knows what you and I need and when and how we need it!  We must remember that GOD is omniscient, omnopresent, and omnipotent! This means HE is all knowing, HE is All present being everywhere at once and HE is All powerful! HE knows which path you need and HE knows what is best for you today and everyday! You must remember that you need to not lean on your understanding of situations but rely on GOD's understanding! God is powerful and you are powerful through HIM who made you!

Comments

Popular Posts